Jesus Christ is the center of the Christian faith and without Him, there would be no Christianity. Christians call him Lord, Master, and Savior, but to know more about Jesus we must go to God’s Word, the Bible.
The first chapter of John proclaims that The Word (Jesus):
- Is and always has been God. (Verses 1 and 2)
- All things were created by Him. He is the only Creator. (Verse 3)
- He created this world, He came into it, and the world did not accept Him. (Verses 10 and 11)
- He became a man ‘and dwelt among us’.(Verse 14)
The first chapter of Luke proclaims Jesus had a human mother and no earthly father.
- The mother of Jesus (Mary) was a virgin and only by an act of God, Jesus was conceived in her womb. (Verse 26-35)
- Mary proclaimed she, like all of mankind, needed a Savior. (Verse 46-48)
Jesus is also known as The Lamb.
- In John 1:29 John the Baptist proclaims ‘Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.’
- Revelation 5:2-7 No one is worthy, only the Lamb is worthy.
- Revelation 17:14 States ‘the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings’
From these Scriptures, it is clear that Jesus is the Great Creator God, who came to earth to live as a human, and became the sacrificial Lamb of God. Today He is back in Heaven assuming His rightful place as King of kings and Lord of lords.
Who Jesus is, as described in God’s Holy Word, is an essential part of the Christian Faith. His deity, His becoming a man, and His once and for all sacrifice for our sins are basic, major tenets of the Christian Faith. Any group/church that denies who Jesus is, is not Christian. For example, Jehovah Witness (note 1), Mormon (Note 2), Christian Science, and Scientology, are not Christian denominations because they believe Jesus is created (not God all mighty).
If there is a question of who Jesus is, or of any doctrine, we must go to God’s Holy Word the Bible, for it is true.
In His Service
Note 1: Jehovah Witness have their own version of the Bible
Note 2: The Mormon church places the Book of Mormon equal to, or above God’s Word.
Written Ronald T Stange February 2018